Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Added the Store Front & Roof to my Shop

I'm so happy I was able to add a Store Front & Flip Top Roof to my Handmade Roombox.  I ended up cutting the plexiglass myself and built the store front with Trimmings & Pieces that I purchased and cut to fit into place.  This was my first attempt at somthing like this...so now I think I will be more confident when putting a kit together or maybe even building another shop from scratch...so this was a wonderful stepping stone for me.  I must admit I think I changed the interior wallpaper about 3 times...lol  But this time around I think these tones add warmth to my little shop.  Also, the little girl I sculpted last month finally found a place to call her own...I made a new dress for her and tied her hair up and I just love her so much more now.

13 comments:

  1. Wow!! your bakery looks amazing! I love all the details and cakes. Your little doll is also precious. Congratulations!
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marisa, thank you so much, your comments make me smile for sure :o)
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pei Li, Thank you ;o) P.S. I love visiting your blog...your miniature food & handmade displays are amazing!
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to visit your bakery, it looks so delicious and the sweet little doll, she's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The store looks amazing !!!!! I
    And the girl is so sweet!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret, Ascension, Thank you so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments :o)
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really so beautiful. You did a wonderful job. I have to admit that I looked at the photos for close to five minutes. There is so much so see. Such a delite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely done! I know cutting Plexiglas can be tricky. Your roombox has such wonderful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brian, Thank you so much, you are quite right..it was very tricky...and I'm so glad that I purchased a large size...because I cracked the plexi-glass the first couple of tries till I got the hang of it...it was very hard to cut through it and took alot of swipes on both sides of the glass...so glad that's over with...hehehe
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful little bakery. I am about to make one myself and finding it so SO hard to find suitable bits. Like you I think I am going to have to build from scratch as I cannot find any shop roombox kits at all. You have done a wonderful job. Look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol, Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment :o) I'm sure you will create a beautiful Shop, Doing it yourself will be way more fun than you think. P.S. I Love your Blog! Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your bakery is perfection! You should let the girls from American Miniaturist mag see it. Any mag would be lucky to get to profile it. You really took great care with every detail and there is such flair! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete